Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Dynamics GP Reporting Tools Seminar - Lunch Provided
Wednesday, February 9, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EST)
As Microsoft continues to integrate Dynamics GP with Microsoft Office, Microsoft SQL, and other products, the choices for mining data in user-friendly formats have evolved into a suite of tools that will give executives and managers real-time access to the information and key performance indicators (KPIs) they need to make better decisions. During this free seminar, Acumen will demonstrate the powerful reporting capabilities included with and available for Dynamics GP. The presentation will focus on the following key areas:
1. SmartLists – SmartView from eOne Solutions is the SmartList enhancement we’ve all been waiting for! It provides an alternate, fast, and flexible interface to all existing SmartLists. SmartView was developed by eOne Solutions, developer of SmartList Builder, Extender and other add-on products for Dynamics GP. It includes Drag-and-Drop Grouping, sub-totaling by Group and Subgroup for numeric all numeric fields, Unlimited Filters (standard SmartList has 4), Incredible Speed (example: A standard, Sales Line Items SmartList takes 2.5 minutes to return 4,259 records. The same data is returned in SmartView in 7 seconds!)
2. SmartList Builder – A Microsoft Dynamics GP add-on that allows you to create your own SmartLists, Excel Reports, Navigation Lists and Drill Downs.
• SmartList Builder – Create your own SmartList Objects by linking data from GP Tables, SQL Server Tables, SQL Views, Data Connections and Extender Solutions. Objects built with this tool are immediately accessible from the SmartList window, based on access granted using Dynamics security.
• Excel Report Builder – Dynamics GP 2010 includes 324 pre-built Excel Reports that require deployment within Dynamics GP. These reports allow users to extract large amounts of data straight to Excel where it can be analyzed in table or pivot table mode. We will demonstrate how Excel Report Builder can be used in the same manner as SmartList Builder to create your own Excel Reports.
3. SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) – Dynamics GP 2010 includes 192 pre-built SSRS reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that require configuration of SQL Reporting Services, deployment within Dynamics GP and User Security considerations. We will focus on the requirements for deploying these reports and the justification for adopting SSRS as the best tool for providing access to key information you need to drive your business.
4. Dynamics GP Metrics – Dynamics GP 2010 now exposes KPI’s written and deployed from SSRS to the users’ desktop. We will demonstrate and discuss how these metrics are deployed and accessed.
5. Management Reporter – Financial Report Extender (FRx) has been an industry standard for financial reporting over the past 20 years. Microsoft has re-written FRx using Microsoft Visual Studio C#. Management Reporter has more power than FRx and a modern user interface. We will focus on showing the improved user experience and discuss the plans for future releases.
6. Published Reports – Dynamics GP facilitates the automatic generation of selected reports to a shared folder on your network. These reports can be accessed by non-GP users and are available to Business Portal users. Selected reports can be scheduled for output in Text, Tab-Delimited, Comma-Delimited, HTML and PDF (Acrobat Distiller or Adobe PDF Writer must be installed) formats.
7. Business Portal 5.0 and 5.1 – We will demonstrate the Executive Dashboards pre-loaded in Business Portal that expose the same KPI’s available to Dynamics GP users. We will also show how Business Portal users can access and print Published Reports from Dynamics GP.
Stay for Lunch!
Complementary Lunch provided following presentation beginning at 11:30 am.
When & Where
Acumen can help you plan and manage your upgrade from FRx to Management Reporter. Acumen has developed a proven methodology to ensure your upgrade from FRx to Management Reporter goes smoothly.
Headquartered in Greenville, SC, Acumen is one of Microsoft's largest Dynamics GP partners in the southeast. Acumen specializes in Dynamics GP and is committed to providing premier Dynamics GP consulting and support. Acumen’s Dynamics GP Help Desk is staffed by a team of Senior Dynamics GP consultants who are centralized in our Greenville office.
For more information contact:
Acumen - 864-751-3297